Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Work!

My first working experience has been a good one so far.


Boustead International Heaters! They manufacture oversized heaters for mutant monsters and oversized monster - fighting heroes.

I am trying to be funny here.

Le ha ha.

Well, Bousted only specializes on two stuffs: Direct Fired Heater and Waste Heat Recovery Unit (WHRU)



The one you see up there is a Fired Heater with a WHRU mounted on top. Basically what it does is heating up unprocessed oil to a certain temperature before sending it to the refinery.

And the WHRU on top is to capture as much heat as possible from the heater below. The captured heat is then used for something else; like warming up your coffee, for instance.



My job? Along with 20+ others, we design and draw this stuff to the client's specification. That is all.

You can describe my day as going to the office, sit down, model and draw the thing in the computer, rush to keep up with the schedule, and go back home. Rinse and repeat.

But then I would say this is the perfect job for me. I do not need to talk or socialize with people (arguably my biggest weakness), and I get to molest the mouse the entire day.

So currently I am working on a project with 2 newcomers. 3 including me. Designing a WHRU for Total UK for their power grid project. You can find out more here: http://www.laggan-tormore.com/project

And I am still surprised that my manager put a lot of trust on us newbies. What if we screwed up their multimillion contract? Sheeeeeet.

And now, I am going to end this entry prematurely. My eyes is starting to close by itself as we are typing!

Good Nite dude!

Foshizzle ma Nizzle

1 comment: